3D print durable parts with real thermoplastic
Stratasys FDM Technology works with production-grade thermoplastics to build strong, durable and dimensionally stable parts with the best accuracy and repeatability of any 3D printing technology.
How FDM Works
3D printers that run on FDM Technology build parts layer-by-layer from the bottom up by heating and extruding thermoplastic filament. The process is simple:
1. Pre-processing: Build-preparation software slices and positions a 3D CAD file and calculates a path to extrude thermoplastic and any necessary support material.
2. Production: The 3D printer heats the thermoplastic to a semi-liquid state and deposits it in ultra-fine beads along the extrusion path. Where support or buffering is needed, the 3D printer deposits a removable material that acts as scaffolding.
3. Post-processing: The user breaks away support material or dissolves it in detergent and water, and the part is ready to use.
FDM 3D Printers:
Develop your ideas with affordable models and prototypes. Idea Series 3D Printers fit your desktop and your budget.
- Mojo - Print professional-quality models at your desk, offering the lowest price, fastest build, and finest layers of any Idea Series 3D printer. It’s as simple to use as a document printer, yet powered by FDM technology to build spot-on, functional concept models and rapid prototypes in ABSplus thermoplastic.
- uPrint SE - Easy to use and kind to your budget, the uPrint SE offers larger ABSplus models and networking for easy sharing. Evaluate form, fit, and function in everything from ergonomics to manufacturing processes—right from your desktop.
- uPrint SE Plus - Create models and functional prototypes that are durable, stable, and pinpoint accurate. The uPrint SE Plus boasts all the great features of the uPrint SE, plus a 33% taller build envelope, two layer thicknesses for fast or fine 3D printing, and nine color choices for your models.
Perfect your designs with a strong, durable and dimensionally-stable parts that withstand tough testing.
- Dimension 1200es - You don’t need to kick your ideas out of the nest to make them fly. In-source your prototyping and functional testing. The Dimension 1200es is your gateway into the best-selling family of professional 3D printers. Make your models where you hatch your ideas. The money you save will make you feel even smarter.
- Dimension Elite - You have a keen eye for detail and appreciate strength. That’s why Stratasys offers the Dimension Elite Performance 3D Printer. It’s made specifically for those who demand ABSplus prototypes with exquisite detail. In-house 3D modeling with Dimension 3D Printing is a cost-effective way to improve your designs and reduce risk by working iteratively. With the Elite, the proof is in the prototype.
- Fortus 250mc - Fortus 250mc pairs fine layer resolution with a larger build envelope and gives you the power to fine-tune every aspect of prototype production. Imagine faster, more effective product testing and development, all in an easy-to-use, office-friendly system.
Bring agility and aesthetics to every stage of product development with the widest range of colors and material properties for prototypes and tooling.
- Fortus 380mc and 450mc - From functional prototypes with exacting tolerances, to manufacturing tools that perform under pressure, the Fortus 380mc and 450mc 3D Production Systems set a high bar for speed, performance and accuracy.
- Fortus 900mc - The Fortus 900mc is the most powerful FDM system available, delivering remarkable agility, sharp accuracy and high return on investment. With 12 real thermoplastic options and a massive build envelope, its only real competition is the old way of doing things.
About Stratasys Ltd. - Stratasys, Ltd. is a manufacturer of 3D printers and 3D production systems for office-based rapid prototyping and direct digital manufacturing solutions.