Due to the recent public health crisis, we know a lot of SOLIDWORKS users are looking for ways to be able to work remotely.
To help navigate this process, we put together these 9 steps to borrowing a license from your company’s pool of Network licenses, so you can pick up from home where you left off in the office.
Please note: If you are on a standalone license, you may convert your standalone license to “Online” licensing.
1. Closeout of any SOLIDWORKS Products you may have open
2. Access the SolidNetwork License Manager from the start menu of the client that will be borrowing the license
3. Select the product you would like to borrow (SOLIDWORKS) to verify there are enough licenses available
4. Click the “License Borrowing” Tab
5. Choose the “Borrow Until” date (30 Days Maximum).
**NOTE** Your borrowed licenses will stop working on this date unless you reconnect to your network!
6. Select (or ctrl+select) the licenses you would like to borrow and click “Borrow”
7. Borrowed licenses and their expiration dates will show up in the window to the right. If this is acceptable, click OK.
**NOTE** If there is an error, simply click on the licenses on the right and choose “Return” then repeat step 5.