As a SOLIDWORKS user, having an online account provides you with 24/7 access to a variety of SOLIDWORKS online resources such as MySolidWorks, Forums and the SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal, with a full range of information and resources that can help you get the most out of SOLIDWORKS.
Some features of a SOLIDWORKS Online Account include:
- Access to the latest versions of SOLIDWORKS and service pack updates.
- Access to the Knowledge Base, containing a wide range of technical documents and resources.
- Ability to submit enhancement requests.
- Ability to participate in the online discussion forums with other users.
- Review and register your software license and Subscription Service renewal information.
- … and much more!
To see a full detailed list of all the features, click here.
Creating an account is easy and absolutely free. In order to have full access to all of the features, you will need to register your product serial number and maintain an active subscription.
To Create an Account
- Go to the Customer Portal http://customerportal.solidworks.com
- Select “Create a SOLIDWORKS ID.”
3. Enter your email address and your serial number (16 – 24 digits, no spaces) and click Next.
4. Verify company information. Click Yes if the information is correct, otherwise click No and correct the information.
NOTE: Only choose No if the company information is completely wrong. Selecting No will increase the amount of time it takes to create your account.
5. Enter your First & Last Name and create a password. Read the Export Eligibility Requirements, click Next.
6. Your account has been created. Check for a confirmation email.
If registration was successful, you can now sign in and begin using all of the resources available to you.
Note: If you see padlocks next to the features in the customer portal, either your maintenance has expired, or you simply need to register your software using your serial number.