On April 1, 1993, CADimensions broke into cyberspace and launched our first website. Looking back, it feels a bit like an April fools joke, but the image below was our actual homepage, cloud background and all…
Over the next 15 years, some links were updated, pictures were added, and more products were added to the portfolio.
It wasn’t until 2014 that we decided we needed a website facelift. We needed a site that would be easier to navigate and quicker for our customers to get the information they were looking for. We added a new blog, created a brand logo, and started adding technical videos to our site. The plans were in motion to make our website your one stop shop for all things SOLIDWORKS and Stratasys related.
It was a huge first step, but as an engineering company, we couldn’t help but tinker and perfect the new site. I’m happy to announce that this month we have completed some major updates and I wanted to point out new functionality you might like.
In the upper right corner, we have some added quick links to get you to the right page without navigating. This will give you access to:
- Our blog, which is updated twice a week with new content from our amazing technical teams.
- Our Store, where you can place orders for printer material and other products.
- A link to GoToMeeting, which is the technical teams preferred method for troubleshooting SOLIDWORKS questions. This link will allow us to see your screen and reproduce problems right from your desk.
- A Search tool, which allows you to search through our entire website for product information or related blogs and videos.
- And social media links, the fastest way to find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Instagram and YouTube.
One of our favorite updates is the ability to filter results on the Training, Events, and Meet the Team pages. For training and events, you can filter results specific to your location and/or the type of course or event you are looking for. For the team page, you can filter based on location or on the specific team inside of CADimensions.
Finally, on our Resources and Blog pages, the side panel offers a “Suggest Technical Content” window. As a team, we do our best to come up with blog content or video content that is interesting to us and pertinent to you. However, we are always looking for new ideas and topics. And what better way to get this information than directly from the source? Thank you to those that have found this option already, and just know we are feverishly working on new blog posts and videos for those topics.
We hope you enjoy the new look and feel of the site. I know I had a blast looking back at all the changes we’ve made over the years, and I’m extremely happy with the cloudless site we have today. Let us know what you think of the site in the comments section below.