One of the benefits of being a current SOLIDWORKS Subscription customer is that you are entitled to any major version and service pack releases of the software. The quickest and easiest way to access new media is to download it via the Customer Portal.
If you have not already registered for a SOLIDWORKS Customer Portal account using your serial number, you can click here to learn how to do that first. Once you have a Customer Portal account, you can login and download the media using the following steps.
In this blog, we are going to show you how to download SOLIDWORKS 2015.
1. Browse to the Customer Portal and login: http://customerportal.solidworks.com
2. Under the Download section of the Self-Service area, select Downloads and Updates.
3. On the downloads page, there will be a Select Version drop-down above the product tabs. Select the corresponding year to the media you would like to download.
4. Select the desired version of the product you wish to download that corresponds to your operating system by clicking the appropriate link.
5. Accept and Agree to the SOLIDWORKS Download EULA. If the download does not begin automatically, select Download from Step 2. This will download a SolidWorksSetup.exe file which will unzip the files necessary to run the Installation Manager.
6. The Installation Manager should launch once the files have been unzipped and will now give you the option to download the SOLIDWORKS Setup files. Choose Download Only from the Welcome page of the Installation Manager. Then press Next.
7. In order to download, you will have to enter your serial numbers for any products which you are entitled to. Click Next. On the Summary page, check the box to accept the terms of the SOLIDWORKS License Agreement. Then choose Download Now.
Tip: Save the file set in a safe place on your network to be able to access the installation files from any machine connected to your company’s network!
Depending on your internet connection, the download for SOLIDWORKS may take some time. Once the files have finished downloading, you can browse to the download location and run the installation by selecting the setup.exe file.