Logic says you need to have some compelling reason to rely on your internet service and web-based resources to get assistance with SOLIDWORKS. There are many reasons why this makes sense to help you out.
Here are a few reasons:
- Advanced Search Tools – Spell Correction, Relevancy Rankings, Short descriptions and guided navigation
- Navigation of Topics – Much easier to go forward or back, also includes Bread Crumb trail of how you got there.
- Most Current Documentation – This is updated as things are changed or added. If you have local help it only updates during install.
- Knowledge Base Search – Web help allows you to search knowledge base with subscription and customer portal account.
- SolidWorks Forum Search – Looks for keywords in topics and allows you to start a discussion. Subscription and customer portal account required.
So why not use SOLIDWORKS web help? It is more powerful than local help, and just maybe will get you the answers you’re looking for quicker!