CatalystEX is now fully supported on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and the latest Windows 10 platforms. Stratasys no longer supports workstations running CatalystEX on Microsoft Windows XP.
Windows Explorer Integration
CatalystEX is now installed along with support to display thumbnail images of STL files that have the .STL extension. This includes Windows Explorer window view icons and a larger rendering in the Preview pane when enabled.
CatalystEX will also be installed with support for CMB (Chromeleon Backup Archive) files that have the .CMB extension. The CMB details are presented by Windows Explorer in a variety of ways, including the Details view, the Details pane, the right mouse click properties window, and the tooltip displayed when the mouse pointer hovers over CMB files in Windows Explorer.
Stratasys Update Manager
This utility is automatically installed with CatalystEX 4.5 and will make updating system software (backend) easy enough for end users to perform worry and error free. The Update Manager can be launched from the Windows Start Menu under Stratasys. Additionally, it will launch automatically when new software is available for your machine.
It supports the following systems:
– Dimension Elite
– Dimension 1200es (BST/SST)
– uPrint Plus
– uPrint SE
– uPrint SE Plus
Simply put the machine into “Upgrade mode” through the maintenance menu and click the “Update” button in the Stratasys Update Manager software.
Improvements to CMB Viewer application:
– Support dragging/dropping CMB files to open them in CMB Viewer.
– A render indicator now shows the start of each toolpath.
Printer Status Tab
Pack lists will show in the printer queue and the printer history now lists all parts for nested packs.
CatalystEX 4.5 includes improved toolpath and support generation functionality geared towards part quality. Most of these enhancements will help stabilize and strengthen support structures while improving surface finish.
Other installation notes:
– If your network security prohibits downloads or upgrades such as this, the upgrade may fail. In this situation, please contact us for further assistance.
– After CatalystEX 4.5 is installed, any older version can be safely uninstalled. If the previous version is older than 4.4 you may want to review additional release notes. Please contact us if you would like more information.