SOLIDWORKS Electrical & PCB
Mechatronic Perfection with User-Friendly Tools
Mechanical & Electrical Collaboration Take Another Big Step Together
Industry is aware of the impending shortfall of designers with experience creating Printed Circuit Boards. SOLIDWORKS Electrical’s Education Edition now includes the very powerful Printed Circuit Board development tool, SOLIDWORKS PCB. Expand your mechatronic curriculum options to include world-class Printed Circuit Board integrated with harnesses and routing components in SOLIDWORKS Electrical. Never before seen collaboration and communication of Electro-Mechanical Systems between different disciplines.
- Single and Multi-line Schematics
- Electrical Component and Symbol Library
- Link to SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD
- PCB Design Engine
- Modern Schematic Entry
- ECAD-MCAD Design Collaboration
SOLIDWORKS ELECTRICAL is a suite of solutions that enable collaboration between Electrical and Mechanical teams who may be designing power systems, User controls, safety systems, interconnected systems, PLC and harness design.
PCB (Printed Circuit Board)
SOLIDWORKS PCB enables the productivity you need to design Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) quickly thanks to the unique collaboration between electrical and 3D mechanical design teams. It offers a clear advantage where ECAD-MCAD collaboration is critical for the overall success of electronic product design
SOLIDWORKS Electrical Schematics has an intuitive and easy-to-use interface that automates complex tasks, such as contact cross-referencing and terminal drawings. It accelerates product development by simultaneously minimizing the repetitive tasks associated with developing electrical schematics.
SOLIDWORKS Electrical 3D enables you to place electrical components and use SOLIDWORKS routing technology to automatically interconnect electrical design elements within a 3D model. 2D schematics and 3D models are synchronized bi-directionally in real time so any changes are automatically updated.
Embedded electrical systems planning requires a unified electrical toolset that provides single- and multi-line schematic tools. Embedded system design also requires all work in 2D and 3D to be synchronized with integrated Bills of Material (BOMs) for both mechanical and electrical parts.
SOLIDWORKS PCB —powered by Altium®— is a mechatronics/electronics design solution that provides the best in PCB design technology with an integrated electro-mechanical collaboration solution
The SOLIDWORKS PCB Connector powered by Altium takes all the guesswork out of the ECAD-MCAD design collaboration process providing seamless intelligent collaboration between Altium Designer and SOLIDWORKS.
ECAD-MCAD Design Collaboration
- Unmatched ECAD-MCAD integration and collaboration with SOLIDWORKS that unifies design data and pushes changes to both sides of the design project.
PCB Design Engine
- Industry-proven, Altium-based design engine for layout and routing of printed circuit boards.
Modern Schematic Entry
- Full-featured Altium-based schematic capture tool with extensive drafting capabilities, libraries, and electrical rules.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use interface–inspired by SOLIDWORKS–with a consistent editor and use-model between schematic capture and board layout.
Managed ECAD-MCAD ECO Process
- A managed Engineering Change Order (ECO) process to and from SOLIDWORKS PCB and SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD takes care of design changes including board shape, component placement, mounting holes, and cutouts, which keeps designs in sync.
Real-time 3D Clearance Checking
- Visualize the PCB with components inside of the mechanical enclosure to reduce costly prototypes by ensuring that the board and components fit the mechanical enclosures with real-time 3D clearance checking.
Mixed-Mode SPICE 3f5 Simulator
- Simulate and analyze analog and mixed-signal circuits from within the schematic editor to make design trade-offs and avoid unnecessary design revisions by performing functional validation on designs prior to layout or manufacturing.
- Search online supplier databases and link or embed parametric data to your design components to match real-time device parameters, pricing, and availability, putting the most up-to-date information at your fingertips throughout the entire design process to make immediate decisions to meet electrical requirements, budget, and deadlines.
- Manage and compare all history and changes made to design files directly and gain greater control over changes made to your design knowing exactly what changes were made and by whom.
Component Parametric Database Support
- Place component parametric data directly from a corporate database, which keeps the components used in your design synchronized with data stored in the database.
SOLIDWORKS File Support
- Be confident in knowing the exact intent of your mechanical designer with SOLIDWORKS 3D file support that provides the most precise and pure version of component models and enclosures, ensuring that your 3D clearance check process provides a clear picture on board fit.
Design Commenting and Revision Management
- Take complete control of your design process and understanding exactly what changes were made to your board design and when. Detailed design revision comments allow you to see a clear change history with the ability to accept or reject the changes
Re-define Electrical and Mechanical Collaboration
In industry, evaluating your process of communication and collaboration between electrical teams and mechanical teams often leads to a realization that there are many opportunities to improve how these teams work together.
Both SOLIDWORKS PCB and SOLIDWORKS Electrical re-define what it means to collaborate on electro-mechanical designs and IOT intelligent devices.