NC Shop Floor Programmer
NC Shop Floor Programmer is a powerful role in the 3DEXPERIENCE® Works portfolio that enables NC programmers to create and validate 2.5- and 3-axis NC programs, generate wire EDM operations, and verify possible issues during production with machine simulation.
Cut Programming Time and Stay Ahead of Schedule.
NC Shop Floor Programmer is a powerful role in the 3DEXPERIENCE® Works portfolio that enables NC programmers to create and validate 2.5- and 3-axis NC programs, generate wire EDM operations, and verify possible issues during production with machine simulation. You can store and access your data on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform, and quickly search for and find the part you want to fabricate, and then start working on the NC programming so it is ready for machining long before project completion.
Easy to Set Up
The Shop Floor Machining Wizard quickly guides you through setup. Just select the machine you’ll be using, machine tools you work with regularly, define your stock material, and you’re ready to go.
Quickly identify accessibility and collision issues. Machine simulation allows programmers to detect machine axis limit errors and tool reachability problems and create simulation time charts.
Having all your data in one place on the cloud bridges the gap not only between design and manufacturing but enables easier collaboration across the entire organization.
NC Shop Floor Programmer delivers powerful 3D machine programming capabilities, including:
- Surface Machining for generating faster and higher-quality toolpaths on the CAD model geometry vs. mesh data
- Intermediate Stock so you can see how the machining operation will impact the manufacturing process
- Advanced Surface Finishing optimizes toolpaths for specific geometry, saving you time adjusting settings while you program
- Automatic Feature recognition automatically identifies machinable features and operations from previous programming
Simplified Workflow Helps You Make the Cut
NC Shop Floor Programmer is packed with capabilities that let you program the way you want while simplifying the process. Features include:
- Auto-generation of NC code, reducing programming time through automation and toolpath re-use
- Real-time Toolpath Verification accurately calculates the toolpath, ensuring it performs as designed
- Automated Hole recognition automatically generates the drilled holes on the part and can be adjusted per company standards
- Activities Process View shows the step-by-step operations you programmed and can be changed at any time
Easily Extend Design Data Through Manufacturing
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform capabilities included with this role streamline communication between departments, improving manufacturability. Benefits include:
- Store your company’s know-how to quickly create new programs based on proven previously used sequences of operations
- Access to NC programming, data management and collaboration tools all in a single environment
- Reduce time, save money, and improve the quality of the g-code generated during post processing
- Works seamlessly with other 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio roles, such as 3D Creator and 3D Mold Creator
Related 3DExperience Domains
Design & Engineering
Engineers and designers can create and share designs quickly and easily, allowing key stakeholders to give feedback throughout the product development phase with all the design data stored securely in the cloud.
Simulation & Analysis
Conduct structural static, frequency, buckling, model dynamic response, structural-thermal analysis and other validation studies virtually with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform simulation tools powered by SIMULIA