CATIA 3D Mold & Tooling Designer
The CATIA Mold and Tooling Designer role enables a flexible and highly-customizable approach from conceptual to detailed mold tooling design. This role enables the user to automate design tasks and assist user decision-making at any step of a complex mold design.
Reduce the cost of accurate part production by accelerating injection mold design thanks to a dedicated guided assistant for design and simulation.
The CATIA Mold and Tooling Designer role enables a flexible and highly-customizable approach from conceptual to detailed mold tooling design. This role enables the user to automate design tasks and assist user decision-making at any step of a complex mold design:
- Conceptual design for bidding process including accurate pulling direction and wall thickness analysis, a placeholder for ejectors and cooling systems
- Anticipate and check manufacturing compliance with plastic injection simulation integrated into the environment of the mold designer
- Extract parting lines and parting surfaces in dedicated features providing a unique design change automation
- Re-use complex mechanical systems for earlier kinematics validation
- Re-use company know-how captured in smart components
- Catalogs of standard Moldbases equipped with smart components from most of the mold tooling suppliers
- Seamless 3D Electrode design
Finally, the complete integration within the 3DEXPERIENCE Platform allows work concurrently in teams on the same project.
- One integrated solution from part design to tooling manufacturing
- Access to Plastic injection simulation from the environment of the mold designer
- Automate design tasks and assist user decision-making
- Core and cavity Separation
- Many impacts of the plastic part design changes can be managed on the molded part features (Pulling Direction, Parting line, Separation…) with automatic update.
- Pulling Direction: Easier understanding of separation. Analysis and modification of part topology with reflect or custom line. Computation and visualization of undercuts
- Parting Line: Flexible parting line design process
- Separation: Simplified one-click separation. Generation of all separation surfaces from a single full parting line.
- Automatic fill surface: Fill all the separation side surfaces in one operation
- Parting surface: Automatic profiles creation on discontinuity points. Automatic Surface creation based on existing profiles. Parting surface wizard with extrude, fill, multisection, sweep surfaces
- Electrode Creation: Define the area to the electrode using a 2D sketch. Easily create active geometries based on Spark gap parameter
- Process-oriented plastic injection points ready for injection simulation and mold design
- Wall thickness analysis
- Mold Tooling Design
- Mold base without core & cavity inserts
- Rectangular, Circular, or user-defined prints patterns
- Runner & Coolant design on sketch
- Conformal Coolant design for Additive manufacturing.
- Tooling component placement with a single command for both standard tooling components as well as Ejectors and Core pins
- Tooling systems templates including kinematics animations
- Flexible Mold base Configurator with all major supplier Mold catalogs
- SIMULIA Plastic Part Filling
- Simulate the filling phase of the injection molding process for a thermo-plastic part in the context of the mold designer
- Easy design change propagation up to the simulation
Related 3DExperience Domains
Design & Engineering
Engineers and designers can create and share designs quickly and easily, allowing key stakeholders to give feedback throughout the product development phase with all the design data stored securely in the cloud.
Simulation & Analysis
Conduct structural static, frequency, buckling, model dynamic response, structural-thermal analysis and other validation studies virtually with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform simulation tools powered by SIMULIA.