Fluid Dynamics Engineer provides designers and design engineers with the ability to validate fluid and thermal performance for internal/ external flows and conjugate heat transfer problems. With a CAD-enabled CFD approach, Fluid Dynamics Engineer enables users to quickly explore 100s of designs while concurrently improving product performance based on optimal flow distribution, efficient thermal management, minimal pressure losses and more.
A Simulation Role for Engineers who perform routine fluid flow and thermal calculations to guide design modifications and explore innovative design concepts.
Fluid Dynamics Engineer provides designers and design engineers with the ability to validate fluid and thermal performance for internal/ external flows and conjugate heat transfer problems. With a CAD-enabled CFD approach, Fluid Dynamics Engineer enables users to quickly explore 100s of designs while concurrently improving product performance based on optimal flow distribution, efficient thermal management, minimal pressure losses etc. Fluid Dynamics Engineer leverages industry-standard RANS based finite volume Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) technology with an integrated (CAD+CFD+PLM) and fully guided user experience tailored for Designers to perform end-to-end product design efficiently on a single collaborative environment of 3DEXPERIENCE Platform.
Fluid Dynamics Engineer benefits from Simulation Data Science capabilities enabling all simulation activities, models, and results to be linked, traced, updated, re-used, and analyzed with ease by all impacted users.
There are two key components to Fluid Dynamics Engineer which capture the CFD workflow processes: Fluid Model Creation and Fluid Scenario Creation.
- Fluid Model Creation allows the user to easily build high-fidelity meshes for fluid flow calculations, which accurately capture boundary layers and automatically extract the fluid domain, thus reducing the need for most manual preparation.
- Fluid Scenario Creation allows the user to define the fluid properties and the physics/boundary conditions that define the simulation scenario.
Fluid Dynamics Engineer benefits from the Simulation Data Science capability enabling all simulation activities, models, and results to be linked, traced, managed, updated, published, re-used, and analyzed with ease by all impacted users.
Fluid Dynamics Engineer (FMK) includes embedded compute licensing allowing routine execution of one concurrent simulation job on up to 8 cores
- Designer-level steady-state CFD does not require extensive specialist-level simulation knowledge or experience.
- Intuitive interface utilizing a dedicated User Assistant for CFD set-up requires minimal simulation knowledge.
- Improve designs to optimize flow distribution, minimize pressure loss and turbulence.
- Reduced complexity of CFD workflows on a variety of flow scenarios.
- Internal flows such as pipes, valves, and ducts with automatic fluid domain extraction, and external flows such as buildings and vehicles with automatic creation of bounding surface of the fluid domain.
- The dedicated workflow guides users through the principle steps in a CFD and Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT) simulation giving novice users the ability to set-up and successfully run such a calculation.
- Accurate results for complex boundary layer problems and turbulent flows.
- Hex dominate meshing with body-fitted prism layers provide a higher fidelity simulation for convective flows with accurate capture of the boundary layer to in turn provide accurate wall shear stress and drag calculations.
- A suite of standard turbulence models, including k-ω SST and Realizable k-ε, are available to capture the effects of turbulence, as well as a hybrid near-wall treatment to accurately predict boundary layer flows independent of near-wall mesh density.
- Reduce computational time for steady-state and mildly transient problems.
- The steady-state solver significantly reduces the computational time for inherently steady-state flow conditions and conversely, the transient solver accurately captures time-varying flow behavior such as vortex shedding.
- End-to-end workflows with CAD-enabled CFD for concurrent simulation and design
- Reduce complexity for common fluid analyses with dedicated User Assistant
- steady-state and long transient fluid flow and heat transfer problems with an automatically selected turbulence model
- Easy-to-use intuitive interface including an active assistant to guide the user through what to do next
- Trade-off performance to execute faster early in the design
- High-performance results visualization and automatic report generation
- Includes computation on up to 8 cores that may be extended to take advantage of high-performance computing to reduce compute time
- Use simulation to validate KPIs and product requirements and perform trade-offs
- Select pre-defined rules based on the type of simulation being performed to improve simulation efficiency, robustness, and accuracy.
- Industry-standard RANS (Reynolds Averaged Navier-Stokes) based finite volume solver for steady-state and low-frequency transient flow simulations.
- Advanced body-fitted meshing capability made easy-to-use with automatic Hex-Dominant Mesh (HDM) enabling users to accurately capture flow over complex geometric surfaces.
- User assistant for guiding users to seamlessly navigate from model setup through results post-processing.
- Patented Error estimator technology for accurate prediction of convergence errors reducing wasted iterations and hence, solving the simulations to convergence faster.
- Multiphysics enabled: Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) and native Conjugate Heat Transfer (CHT) for modeling complex flow simulations involving multiple domains.
- A unified environment for pre-processing, solve and post-processing
- Leverage simulation model prep tools for typical geometry clean-up within the same environment
- Setup DOE loops and deploys re-usable simulation processes to explore alternatives at early stages and finalize a design with comprehensive result analytics.
Related 3DExperience Domains
Design & Engineering
Engineers and designers can create and share designs quickly and easily, allowing key stakeholders to give feedback throughout the product development phase with all the design data stored securely in the cloud.