Manufacturing definition Creator
Easily define 3D models and quickly produce 2D drawings from them in a matter of mouse clicks. The combination of 2D and 3D definition capabilities delivers next-generation flexibility, empowering you to choose the best output for the job and meet stakeholders’ needs.
All-in-one 2D and 3D Definition Solution.
Manufacturing Definition Creator is a browser-based role in the 3DEXPERIENCE® Works portfolio that combines model-based and drawing-based capabilities in one integrated solution. Easily define 3D models and quickly produce 2D drawings from them in a matter of mouse clicks. The combination of 2D and 3D definition capabilities delivers next-generation flexibility, empowering you to choose the best output for the job and meet stakeholders’ needs.
Intuitively and accurately define design requirements and specifications on your model, reducing discrepancies and ensuring an always up to date connection between definition and engineering.
Reduce shop floor questions and facilitate the interpretation of product definition with a series of captured views that provide a curated storyline of design requirements.
Communicate 2D and 3D definition from anywhere on any device with an internet connection. All stakeholders, internal and external, are always up to date and can access the latest data at any time.
MBD, Easy as 1-2-3
Clearly communicate design specifications with 3D product manufacturing information (PMI) capabilities including:
- Define dimensions, tolerances, datum symbols, geometric dimensioning and tolerances (GD&T), balloons, and more
- Capture various orthogonal, axonometric, and custom views at desired perspectives and zoom levels
- Organize annotations into specific views to communicate design intent. Quickly find annotations organized under each view
- Collaborate, review and mark up 3D PMI in 3DPlay, a lightweight viewer on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform
Need a 2D Drawing? No Problem!
Easily produce an accurate 2D representation from your existing 3D definitions in just a few clicks. 2D drawing capabilities include:
- Create 2D layouts with no extra effort using existing captured views, annotations, dimensions, and tolerances
- Define requirements with drawings tools such as tables, notes, and title blocks
- Access sheet formats, and standards for drawing creation
- 3D definitions translate seamlessly to the 2D drawing so everything stays in sync across the model, 3D definition and 2D drawing
MBD, 2D and More
Manufacturing Definition Creator on the 3DEXPERIENCE platform provides an integrated and flexible solution. Highlights include:
- Built-in data management and collaboration tools all in a single environment
- With all data safely stored on the cloud there is always a single source of truth
- Integrates seamlessly with other 3DEXPERIENCE Works portfolio roles such as 3D Creator and 3D Sculptor
- Export commonly used files such as 3DXML with 3DPMI, 2D PDF of 3D views and 2D PDF drawings
Related 3DExperience Domains
Design & Engineering
Engineers and designers can create and share designs quickly and easily, allowing key stakeholders to give feedback throughout the product development phase with all the design data stored securely in the cloud.